BBQ Bacon Burgers
(Photo Credit: Taste of Home)
So, hubby recently decided he wanted to grill out once a week. Neither of us have ever grilled much before - unless you count camping where you put a hot dog on a stick. I count that as grilling, but then again, its pretty difficult to mess up a hot dog. (Especially if you like burnt ones like I do:) Anyway, we have done a few grilling experiments. The first one was bad. I won't bother to tell all the details. But the past couple times have been great! And its so much fun to cook together! Tuesday night, we grilled out. Jonathan did the burgers and I did the red potatoes. Both were amazing. The burger recipe is from my Simple and Delicious magazine (May edition). It has bacon inside and combines amazingly well with the bbq/mayo sauce!! We did have problems getting the burgers to stay together while grilling them. Any suggestions are welcomed... :) These get a 10 out of 10!!!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon instead)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns; top each with a burger, lettuce and tomato.
Once again, I recommend making more sauce than called for. Then again, if you run out, just slap some mayo and bbq sauce on your bun before putting the burger on it. :) Easy yum.